As the weather is slowly but surely improving, I look for any opportunity to get out in the garden. I love gardening, but sometimes I just want to sit, relax in the garden and take in a pleasant evening after work. What better accompaniment than a refreshing cocktail? Like you needed an excuse. My margaritas are made extra special using these gorgeous treats from Amara, in my absolute interior go-to trends of navy blue and copper. What's not to love?
I've always been a fan of cocktails - from mojitos to espresso martinis. My current favourite is a margarita. Margaritas are so straight forward, they couldn't be simpler. They also seem pretty decadent, so if you have guests turning up out of the blue this summer - this is the ideal drink to serve.
I've also recently managed to turn my real-ale drinking boyfriend into a fan of cocktails with this lime margarita - I hope you enjoy it too! This recipe should serve 5-6.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups Tequila, 3/4 cup Triple Sec, 3/4 cup lime juice, 5 tablespoons sugar and ice in a blender
- Mix until ice is all crushed but not so much that is too slushy!
- Take a slice of lime and rub around the rim of the gorgeous blue tumblers.
- Dip the edge of the glass in some salt.
- Carefully pour your margaritas in your gorgeous glasses.
- If you're feeling totally crazy, garnish with a slice of lime or a mint leaf.
- Feel fabulous